Saturday, February 9, 2008

Thing 7

Describe how your library uses email. Has it improved productivity?

If you subscribe to any MINITEX listservs you probably know my name in your sleep ;) since the majority of our information is pushed out through e-mail. I think for our users this is the best method at the moment. Not everyone subscribes to RSS, so blogs we use as a method of communication of important inforamtion (e-mail first, then blogs) but our blogs are especially rich in supplemental information, which I think is a good fit.

I use e-mail personally with my friends- I am in that age group that grew up using e-mail so that is what we currently use. My younger brother, on the other hand, the only way to communicate with him is to text him on his cell. He rarely checks his voicemail and e-mail he checks once every 6 months and never responds.

No comments: