Saturday, March 29, 2008

Thing 12 Digg

Before thing I never really took the time to look at DIgg, never understood it. Now, I love it! How cool to sort to gaming or technology and get info from Money magazine, seattle times, the economist, CNN etc. before I would jsut go to CNN and BBC and MinnPost for my news, but this is great- I dont' always read money or the economist, unless something on a listserv poitns out something interesting in the library/technology world, but this site points to general articles of interest.... though I must say it is a productivity detractor.. beforei k new it 20 minutes clocked away while I was at home... my husband came up behind me and asked what I was looking at and he though it was cool, but I was so intently reading I didn't hear him call my name.... very distracting time-warping stuff you can find!

I do think it is a good thing that the public has an outlet that they can vote on the best articles/stories etc. however I do like having some professional interventions... at CNN I love reading the technology and headlines, but if you look at the most popular pages, usually they have to do with celebrity gossip, etc. I like that they focus often on headlines at the top and then lower down you can see the public's picks....

No comments: