Saturday, March 29, 2008

Thing 19 podcasts

Thanks for promoting our On the Road with MINITEX Podcasts. As a heads up I am hoping to podcast with Nancy Pearl, so you might see that in a month or so. If anyone has suggestions for interviewees, topics or ways to improve our podcast, please let me know- we are still learning and trying it out. I would liek to use garageband to create podcasts in the future because they allow .mp4 format output which allows pictures to be linked to the podcast, so you could see an image of who I was interviewing etc. Right now I use Audacity, which is free, and great in that regard and easy to use, but sin't as fancy as other software.

Podcasts I subscribe to are: grammar girl, library geeks, slate magazine, U's TEL vodcasts, LIBVIBE (GREAT for lirbary news around the country), palinet, sirsidynx, ACRL, OCLC connections and conference connections. I have so many, but onyl a coupld are daily or even weekly. it is great to download and listen to on my way to work on the bus. I can be entertained, use my dead time between work and time more effectivly and be more informed for my job.

No comments: