Saturday, March 29, 2008

Thing 20 Facebook

I have had a facebook account for a while now... it has been great! I have reconnected with high school friends taht drifted apart during college and now we have dinner once a month or so... Facebook's creator claims he wants Facebook to connect the world- he has lofty goals, and I wish him much luck. Facebook and LinkedIn have been great for me to connect with people personally and professionally. Though I think there is a fine line of privacy here that many don't think about- how much to share with the world or even with the vendors... that information might never go away. That is something I am trying to be more aware of- my lasting imprint in the online world and how vast it is!!!

MINITEX just created an organization page... not sure how we will use it, just to create announcements on our events etc. but it would be great if we could create widgets for MTX programs.

Feel free to friend me in Facebook :) I <3 library staff!

1 comment:

Sili said...

I'll have to check out your facebook page... I have had both facebook and myspace pages and facebook is definitely better, especially in terms of privacy and finding people I actually want to talk to.