Saturday, March 29, 2008

Thing 17 ELM

ELM Rocks! :) But I am biased since it is my job to promote and use ELM all the time. I love soem of the new changes each of the vendors have made to the databases. Though finding NPR Podcasts in Gale can be tricky as they don't have a sort by podcast avaiable yet, they are a great tool to have. Another tool that we are promiting a lot right now is the RSS ability EBSCO has without having to create a personal account. This I think is fabulous because numerous users don't want to create another account, somethign to remember, but instead they can jsut take the RSS feed and plug it into their browser and presto- it is done! However, we are aware it doesn't work with all agregators- we are trying to troubleshoot the issue.

Page composer is ackward- I think ti could be improved. People have a hard time with having to move each citation or bit of text to rearrange things... but it is a nice addition. I have got a lot of feedback from K-12's though that they don't find it very useful as they have a page composer software at their school frequently, or a course management system that they have to use.

No comments: