Saturday, March 29, 2008

Thing 18 You Tube

I love the link that you all posted that lists all the video sites: http://web2.econsultant.com/videos-hosting-sharing-searching-services.html what a great resource.

Does anyone get blinkx? I just don't get the appeal of searching videos... I watch videos when someone shares one with me, or when there is something specific I want to watch, like an episode of Desperate Housewives, for example. And I don't think it is that accurate.

A friend of mine helped make the IT vs the librarian videos- I think they are great! Reaching out to the community like that... though not sure what good it does to the rest of the world, but library staff sure appreciate it!

I love these video sites- they have a wealth of inforamtion. However, I am also a supporter of copyright, and it is a huge challange to keep up with sites like this and to police videos to makes ure they are not breaking the law... we will see where this goes as there are about 3 major lawsuits against Google for YouTube related items. I hope it doesn't go away, but I think it still needs tweaking. It also brings up a presentation I saw a while back where the speaker illustrated how the younger generations disregard copyright laws (not that they are preferct- I think they radically need to be changed- thank goodness for creative commons for trying to do that) but I think You Tube is a great teaching point parents and teachers can have with students on what copyright is and what is okay and not okay.


p.s. I am hoping to post something to YouTube in a month or so for work possibly.

No comments: